Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech speaks out on reports he has agreed to re-join Chelsea

first_imgArsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech speaks out on reports he has agreed to re-join Chelsea Rio Ferdinand tells Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop struggling Read More Advertisement Coming Next / Comment Read More Video Settings Manchester United captain Harry Maguire Read More Full Screen 1 min. story The exact nature of the role Cech has been offered is not yet known, but Chelsea are believed to want to bring back many of the legendary players who played such an important role in the most successful era of the club’s history.Cech could be involved with deciding transfer targets – the club never replaced Michael Emenalo when he moved to Monaco – as well as acting as a go-between for the manager, players and board.He won four Premier League titles with Chelsea, as well as the Champions League, before moving to Arsenal, where he initially excelled but has played understudy to Leno this season, though still kept six clean sheets in 10 European outings.Who should start in goal for Arsenal in the Europa League final?Petr Cech0%Bernd Leno0%Share your resultsShare your resultsTweet your resultsMore: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal 1/1 About Connatix V67539center_img The veteran keeper is believed to be moving into a technical role at Chelsea (Picture: Getty)Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech has dismissed reports he has already agreed to return to former club Chelsea and insists he is only focused on winning the Europa League with the Gunners.Rumours emerged on Tuesday evening that the retiring Cech would take up a newly created sporting director position at Stamford Bridge this summer.That caused outrage among Arsenal fans, with Cech set to start in goal against his prospective new employers in a week’s time in Baku, but the 37-year-old has allayed those fears. Read More PLAY Skip Skip Ad SPONSORED Visit Advertiser website GO TO PAGE Metro Sport ReporterTuesday 21 May 2019 10:56 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link670Shares Cech was expected to start ahead of Leno despite the magnitude of the game (Picture: Getty)Taking to Twitter, he wrote: ‘Despite the news today as I had already said to everybody before, I’ll make a decision about my future after the last game.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT ‘Now my sole focus is to win the Europa League with Arsenal.’More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityCech has been the designated Cup goalkeeper even since summer signing Bernd Leno claimed the No.1 jersey, with the veteran Czech started every Europa League knockout game.He had been expected to retain his place in the final despite the significance of the match in what would be his last ever appearance before he hangs up his gloves for good.Despite the news today as I had already said to everybody before , I’ll make decision about my future after the last game . Now my sole focus is to win the EL with @Arsenal .— Petr Cech (@PetrCech) May 21, 2019 Top articles Read More by Metro Advertisementlast_img read more

Three families left homeless after three early morning fires

first_imgLocalNews Three families left homeless after three early morning fires by: – October 6, 2011 Sharing is caring! Share 39 Views   no discussions Dominica Fire & Ambulance Service PRO, Philsbert SamuelPublic Relations Officer of the Dominica Fire and Ambulance Service Mr Philsbert Samuel has reported that there were three early morning fires for today October 6th, 2011.The fire officers stationed at the Fire Brigade Headquarters in Roseau were alerted at almost four o’clock this morning of a fire in the village of Morne Prosper.Although the home of Glynis Isles was completely gutted by fire there were no injuries or fatalities.“At approximately 03.56am on Thursday October 6th, 2011 fire officers at Brigade Headquarters received a call informing them of a house fire at Morne Prosper. On arrival, the responding officers met a two bed-room house constructed of concrete and imported lumber fully ablaze. The building was owned by Glynis Isles and at the time was occupied by a family of three namely; Alie Eusebe, Aliane Eusebe and Shanice Maximea. The building and its contents were completely destroyed,” Mr Samuel reported.The second fire completely destroyed the home of Tony Isles whose house is in close proximity to Glynis Isles’ home.According to Mr Samuel both fires seem suspicious and their investigations continue.“Upon completion of fire-fighting on the dwelling house of Glynis Isles the officers were alerted to another fire in the vicinity. The house belonging to Tony Isles of Morne Prosper was also destroyed by fire. We find both fires to be of a suspicious nature and investigations continue into the matter,” he said.The third fire destroyed the home of Shanika Houseborough in Zicak, Portsmouth and has left another family homeless.“Officers at the Portsmouth Fire Station were informed of a fire in Zicak, Portsmouth at 06:05am today. The house which was constructed of concrete and imported lumber, consisted of three bedrooms was owned by Shanika Houseborough and at the time was occupied by a family of three.”The home of Ms Houseborough was partially destroyed and the cause is under investigation.Dominica Vibes Newscenter_img Share Share Tweetlast_img read more

MLB hot stove: Phillies reportedly having ‘ongoing’ discussions with J.A. Happ

first_img Related News MLB free agency rumors: Yankees, Blue Jays both interested in bringing back starter J.A. Happ The #Phillies have had ongoing dialogue with LHP J.A. Happ over the last several days, according to sources. The Phillies have a long shopping list. But Happ appears to be their best fit, as a LH with experience in Philadelphia who won’t require a long deal. Still seeking 3 years— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) December 10, 2018A Tuesday report stated that Happ has somewhat named his price. He reportedly will sign with the first team that guarantees him a third year in his contract, according to Yahoo Sports.Sources: Where J.A. Happ winds up could come down to the team that guarantees him a third year. Right now, none has, and he has indicated he’ll sign with the first one that does. If none steps up, he’s got a number of two-year offers to consider, most from contending teams.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) December 11, 2018Happ began last season with the Blue Jays but was sent to the Yankees before the trade deadline. He tallied a 17-6 overall record with 3.65 ERA and made his first All-Star team in 2018. The Phillies still appear to be interested in signing J.A. Happ.Philadelphia and the 36-year-old free agent starter continue to have “ongoing dialogue” about a potential deal, according to a report from The Athletic, which cites unidentified league sources. Happ is seeking a three-year contract, the report says. The veteran has pitched for six teams over his 12 MLB seasons. He has registered a 109-82 career record and a 3.90 ERA.The Blue Jays and Yankees have both also reportedly inquired about bringing back Happ.The Phillies finished 2018 with an 80-82 record and missed the playoffs for a seventh straight season.last_img read more