All 10 Formula One teams sign new Concorde Agreement

first_imgTopics : “This year has been unprecedented for the world and we are proud that Formula One has come together in recent months to return to racing in a safe way,” Formula One Chairman Chase Carey said.Negotiations over a new Concorde Agreement had been put on hold due to the COVID-19 crisis that hit the teams and sport financially.”We said earlier in the year that due to the fluid nature of the pandemic, the Concorde Agreement would take additional time to agree and we are pleased that by August we have been able achieve agreement from all ten teams on the plans for the long term future of our sport,” Carey added.”The new Concorde Agreement, in conjunction with the regulations for 2022, will put in place the foundations to make this a reality and create an environment that is both financially fairer and closes the gaps between teams on the race track.”Formula One’s three oldest and most successful teams — Ferrari, McLaren and Williams — were the first to sign with rights holders Liberty Media and the FIA on Tuesday, with the seven other teams following suit on Wednesday.”Over its 70 year history, Formula One has developed at a remarkable rate, pushing the boundaries of safety, technology… to the absolute limit and today confirms that an exciting new chapter in that history is about to begin,” FIA President Jean Todt said.  Formula One’s 10 teams have committed to the sport until at least the end of 2025 by putting their signatures to a new commercial ‘Concorde Agreement’.The current agreement, which sets out the terms under which teams race and the share of revenues, is set to expire at the end of 2020.Formula One and the governing FIA on Wednesday said in a joint statement the agreement will secure the long-term sustainable future for the sport and reduce the financial and on track disparities between the teams.last_img read more

NPFL: Oshobe Targets Win against Tornadoes

first_imgHe began “The race for survival in the league continues as we face Niger Tornadoes this Sunday in Lokoja, we are prepared to give them a good fight which I believe will yield dividend at the end of the day.“I strongly believe the team will not go down at the end of the season because if you look at our last two matches you will see that we are getting better.“We are aware of our opponents home record and that’s the reason we have put in extra effort and ready to go all out to get at least a point from the match. The spirit is high in camp because we know we have to play the two games left like finals.“Our fans have been amazing they have been behind us through thick and thin. I want them to keep believing in us as they have been doing and I pray that at the end of the season we will all be happy together by God’s grace,” he said to the club’s media team.MFM FC sits on 16th spot on the Nigerian top-flight table with 42 points from 34 league matches.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries Football Club of Lagos midfielder, Oladele Oshobe has assured his team’s faithful that the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) newcomers will keep their status at the end of the season with a good result on Sunday against Niger Tornadoes of Minna in Lokoja.The Olukoya Boys will complete their back to back away fixtures this weekend when they face Niger Tornadoes Football Club of Minna in match day 37 of the NPFL at the Confluence Stadium in Lokoja, Kogi State.Oshobe who has been in fine form for the Lagos-based team in recent times from his defensive midfield position told the club’s website that his team will not be relegated at the end of the 2015/16 topflight season.last_img read more

Griffin, Clippers jam to win over Boston

first_img Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error “It’s really about our execution.”It came at a critical time in the game. The Clippers had lost their lead and were trying to cling to a new two-point lead. But that play was part of a 12-4 run that enabled them to regain control.“Especially late in games, you use anything to get you going,” Griffin said. “Sometimes guys use a technical foul or a coach gets a tech or something to get a team going. “I hope it works, but we can’t rely on a big play like that to get us going.”For all the improvement in his all-around game this season, Griffin still found a way to break back into his top hits in dunks. Or throw-downs, since technically, Griffin never made contact with the rim. Blake Griffin didn’t want the Clippers to be known simply as Lob City, but there’s a time and a place for a return to that comfort zone.Locked in a duel with Boston, having already blown a 16-point lead, the Clippers got the jolt they were looking for when Griffin took a bounce pass from Jamal Crawford and hit the runway, taking off and dunking over Kris Humphries.Griffin hit the free throw after the foul by Humphries and the Clippers were back on their way to score a 111-105 win over the Celtics at Staples Center on Wednesday night.“I’ve told people 1,000 times I don’t really rank my dunks, to be honest,” Griffin said. “It was a good read by Jamal and good timing. Every time something like that happens, it’s always the situation that creates the type of play like that.center_img All he did otherwise was score 29 points and add six rebounds and eight assists. He made 9 of 14 shots from the field and 11 of 17 at the free-throw line.By the end of the first quarter, the Clippers had 18 fastbreak points and a nine-point lead. But they couldn’t make it a runaway, even after going up by 16 points in the first half. Heading into the fourth quarter, the Clippers held an 88-82 lead.Boston finally caught and passed the Clippers midway through the third period, when Avery Bradley’s basket gave the Celtics a 70-69 lead.“It just felt like every time we had a 12-point lead, we kind of relaxed, give it up, did it again,” Clippers coach Doc Rivers said. “We had a chance early to get a knockout and we didn’t.”The Clippers regained their composure and the lead with a 3-pointer from Darren Collison, then Griffin took off in the lane and the Clippers rode him the rest of the way.Right away on the other end, Griffin took a charge from Jordan Crawford, erasing a basket. When Jared Dudley’s jumper gave the Clippers a 79-72 lead, Boston called a timeout.That gave the fans some time to catch their breath after Griffin’s dunk, which was reminiscent of his early-career efforts. The Clippers’ other dunkmaster, DeAndre Jordan, put both of his hands on his head and quickly glanced at the video board awaiting the replay.Still, the Clippers struggled when their starters left. It’s bound to happen on some nights, since Collison and Crawford are forced to start with the injuries to Chris Paul and J.J. Redick. That takes a big chunk of firepower away from the bench.“There’s some things we have to clean up,” Rivers said. “I need to do a better job of figuring out the second unit. I’ve got to keep a couple of starters on with both groups.“I thought we didn’t have enough scoring in that one stretch in the second quarter and that hurt us.”Crawford added 26 points for the Clippers and Dudley made 7 of 11 shots and had 18 points with four 3-pointers, and it’s not lost on the Clippers that they’re undefeated when Dudley hits two or more 3-pointers in a game.Collison finished with 15 points plus six assists and five rebounds. Jordan had 11 points and 13 rebounds.Jordan Crawford (24 points) and Bradley (22) fueled the Celtics’ comeback.Beside his all-around excellence on offense, Griffin has even been standing in at center at certain portions of games, taking over when Jordan needs a breather.“You really don’t want both of them off the floor with what they’ve been doing,” Rivers said. “Blake is the guy. I didn’t know he could what he’s done at the 5. And he’s been really good at that position. Obviously you don’t want him there a lot.“I don’t like him there when there’s a heavier bigger center because of the energy that takes away from him. He can create fouls but he can get in foul trouble so I’m really careful when he’s at that spot.”last_img read more

‘HUNDREDS OF CARS WERE REVVING THEIR ENGINES IN MANOR – IT WAS 1.40AM ON RALLY WEEKEND’

first_imgA GARDA inspector has told the local court how “hundreds” of cars were revving their engines as some vehicles performed dangerous doughnuts on the main Letterkenny to Derry road – at 1.4oam in the morning.Inspector Goretti Sheridan was giving the details at Letterkenny District Court in a dangerous driving case against 24-year-old Stephen Doyle from Gorey in Co Wexford.She said a garda patrol car coming along the N13 came across the “meeting” on the Saturday morning of the Donegal rally weekend, June 18. “There were hundreds of vehicles parked up along the road, revving their engines and causing a disturbance,” she said.As the garda car came along, many of the vehicles left the scene, she said.However around 20 cars stayed on and occupants cheered as mechanic Doyle performed up to six different dangerous manoeuvres on the road, some sending his car around at 180 degree angles.Judge Paul Kelly asked Doyle if he drove like that in Co Wexford? Doyle replied that he didn’t.The judge said Doyle would lose his licence if he appeared in court again and fined him €500.‘HUNDREDS OF CARS WERE REVVING THEIR ENGINES IN MANOR – IT WAS 1.40AM ON RALLY WEEKEND’ was last modified: July 4th, 2016 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more