The chairman of the Constitutional Review Committee of the Liberia Tennis Federation (LTF), Cllr. Lloyd Kennedy has dismissed report on the postponement of the federation’s elections on Friday, 4 April at the SKD complex.Cllr. Kennedy stated, via mobile phone yesterday that the Committee would not acknowledge or act-upon any complaint or protest for the postponement of the elections for the fourth time since the end of its recent dispute in the Court law.The veteran sports lawyer said the LTF’s elections will begin at 2:00p.m., and would be observed by representatives from the Ministry of Youth and Sports and others. Elections Commission chairman Dr. W. Taylor Neal revealed 42 members have registered to vote and interested individuals have applied for four of the five positions up to press time yesterday.He named John P. Dexter and Adolphus Wade as candidates for the presidential post, while the vice president, secretary and treasurer position have each candidate applying.Meanwhile, Coaches Alfred Kandakai and Josiah Gono, on behalf of the Coaches Committee, have called for the postponement of the elections, questioning the voters’ registration and the qualification of candidates.The duo argued that there are discrepancies in the voters’ list and there is no civic education regarding the Friday’s elections.In 2013, the Secretary General of LTF, John P. Dexter and colleagues petitioned the Civil Court against the elections arguing that the then Vice President, Houssein Cheaitou was not qualified to contest the elections based on his nationality, few months after the death of president, Prof. Harold J. Monger.Veteran lawn tennis players and officials at the Ministry of Youth and Sports influenced the withdrawal of the case.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Three women were on Tuesday morning relieved of over $500,000 in cash and valuables by a lone gunman at Jamoon Drive, Meadow Brook, Greater Georgetown.Based on reports received, 45-year-old Sharon Gonsalves Eversley operates a snackette at Meadow Brook and she was in the kitchen at the time when the perpetrator walked into the establishment and indicated his interest in purchasing an egg-ball.As she was about to sell him, he reportedly whipped out a handgun from his pants waist and held the woman at gunpoint. He then escorted the woman into the house as he demanded cash and other valuables. At that point, the two other women were in the house. They too were held hostage by the lone gunman.One of the women was relieved of a gold chain valued $216,000 and a gold ring valued at $375,000, while the other, 38-year-old Unita Williams was relieved of $7000 in cash and her Blu cellular phone.Gonsalves Eversley was robbed of her Samsung cellular phone, $6000 in cash, a gold chain worth $20,000 and a gold band valued at $20,000. After committing the act, the man made good his escape on a motorcycle.Police are reviewing CCTV footage as investigations continue.
Twenty-six-year-old Levon Cameron along with his alleged accomplice Kevin Watson, appeared before Senior Magistrate Leron Daly last week at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts after they were slapped with a joint charge of armed robbery.The duo denied the charge which stated that on December 25 at Dowding Street, Kitty, Georgetown while being together and armed with a knife, they robbed Mahadeo Sookraj of a LG cellular phone valued $40,000.Cameron was represented by Attorney Stanley Moore, who in a bail application informed the court that his client has no previous convictions, nor is he a flight risk.Meanwhile, Watson who was unrepresented, faced another charge which he also denied. That charge stated that on December 27, at the East Ruimveldt Police Outpost while being in custody for the offence of robbery under arms, he escaped from said custody.Police Prosecutor Sanj Singh, objected to Watson being granted bail on the grounds that he has other pending matters of a similar nature in another court. However, no objections were made to Cameron being granted bail.As a result, Magistrate Daly placed Cameron on $40,000 bail while Watson was remanded. The case will continue on 25, 2019.
Quebec recently imposed a partial moratorium in place banning further shale gas developments until more information is gathered. He says the groups recognize the significant contributions the oil and gas industry make to the Province and the number of jobs the industry creates.[asset|aid=3531|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=99fceb7cdfccf0028d4fd6274a49f5b5-West 4_1_Pub.mp3] At this point, West says there are a lot of unknowns, including exactly how much water is being use, as well as the mixture of chemicals used for fracking. He also says that despite the shale gas industry being a strong economic driver for the Province, people also need to consider their health.[asset|aid=3532|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=99fceb7cdfccf0028d4fd6274a49f5b5-West 5_1_Pub.mp3] Advertisement Several groups across B.C. are calling for a public inquiry into the shale gas industry.The Tap Water Alliance, along with the Wilderness Committee, the Council of Canadians, Sierra Club of B.C., Georgia Strait Alliance, and Dogwood initiative are all calling for the inquiry. The formal requests were sent to Energy and Mines Minister Rich Coleman, Environment Minister Terry Lake, and Forest, Lands and Natural Resource Operations Minister Steve Thomson, as well as all MLAs.- Advertisement -The groups state that it is important to look into both the environmental and social implications of shale gas exploration, particularly with regards to new extraction techniques, particularly fracking.They cite the fact that other Canadian provinces and various U.S. states are already launching public inquiries and believe B.C. should also launch its own inquiry.The B.C. government should consider emulating other governments and look into the potential health and environmental effects of hydraulic fracturing, says Ben West, spokesperson for Western Canada Wilderness Committee.West says it would be up to the Province to create a transparent and fair process, including third-party nonbiased experts who could examine the impacts of the shale gas industry.Advertisement
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORECasino Insider: Here’s a look at San Manuel’s new high limit rooms, Asian restaurant The program, which began in January, ended about two weeks early because of the squadron’s participation in the readiness exercise. The overall test objective was to evaluate the Block 30 F-16’s “high angle-of-attack” – nose-high – handling, resistance to uncontrollable flight, and recovery characteristics with the pylon and decoys attached to the aircraft, said Jeff Chen, the squadron’s Taiwan High Angle of Attack project engineer. “The exercise allowed us to finish ahead of schedule,” Chen said, “so we are now exploring alternative configurations to try and increase maneuver performance over what we have preliminarily assessed to date.” The exercise’s real purpose was to practice the squadron’s wartime mission. “We must to be able to meet a pressing warfighter need when called on to do so,” said Lt. Col. Robert Malacrida, the squadron’s Taiwan High Angle of Attack test pilot. “For example, the 416th was involved in incorporating 500-pound (Joint Direct Attack Munitions) on to F-16s to provide our forces in (Iraq) with precision strike capability while minimizing collateral damage. Central Command said they needed it, and they had it within a month.” EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE – A test squadron demonstrated its ability to speed up testing in wartime using a test program for the Taiwanese government. The Operational Readiness Exercise involved the 416th Flight Test Squadron, which accelerated a flight test program already in the works for equipping Taiwanese F-16 fighter jets with pylons that can tow decoys to draw away enemy anti-aircraft missiles. By designating the program a “test surge,” the squadron got priority for resources and support over other programs, officials said. “This designation allowed us to fly approximately nine hours and finish out the original project objectives in three flights,” said Joe Flores, the squadron’s Taiwan High Angle of Attack program manager. In the last year, Edwards’ 412th Test Wing has conducted eight test accelerations and test surges in support of the war against terrorism.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
There was a clean sweep for a whole host of Donegal businesses at the Weddings Online Awards Ceremony in Dublin last night.McElhinney’s, Solis Lough Eske, Harvey’s Point and The Red Door all scooped prestigious awards. McElhinney’s were awarded with the Bridal Supplier of the year.There was delight for Solis Lough Eske, as Stephen Bell won the Wedding Co-Ordinator of the year award.The Red Door scooped the Restaurant of the Year award, while Harvey’s Point made it a clean sweep for Donegal by winning the Ulster Venue of the year award.Well done to all the businesses who won for gaining national recognition for what their business. A fantastic night for Donegal business, and yet another example that our hospitality sector is unrivalled in Ireland.DELIGHT FOR DONEGAL BUSINESSES AT WEDDING ONLINE AWARDS was last modified: February 16th, 2016 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
The man seriously injured in a crash on Saturday night has died in hospital.Stephen McElwaine, 34, was taken to Letterkenny General Hospital for treatment following the single vehicle crash on the Drumkeen to Stranorlar road at Ballinaglack at 9.40pm.Two other men travelling in the van were treated at the scene for minor injuries. Mr.McElwaine, from Convoy, died a short time ago at Letterkenny General HospitalA full investigation has been launched into the crash.It is believed the van in which Mr McElwaine was a passenger flipped over onto its roof.Garda forensic experts spent Sunday examining the scene. Mr McElwaine’s mother was on holidays in Canada when she learned of the incident and arrived home today.Anyone with information is asked to contact Letterkenny Garda station on (074) 9167100, Ballybofey Garda station on (074) 9137740, or the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111.MAN INJURED IN CRASH DIES IN HOSPITAL was last modified: June 19th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:accidentBallybofeyGARDAI APPEAL FOR HELP AFTER CRASH LEAVES LOCAL MAN SERIOUSLY HURT
TV chef Donal Skehan plans to cook up a storm in his new Kitchen Hero tour and you may be part of the show.“I’ll be getting help from the audience cooking. Sure, everybody always wants to nominate somebody in their house that doesn’t do the cooking. It’ll be great craic,” Donal told Donegal Daily.The 25-year-old food writer and television presenter brings his live cooking show to An Grianán Theatre, Letterkenny, next month where he will be cooking six recipes on stage. Following the success of last year’s live tour, Donal wanted to do it all over again.“It was such a great time and even people who don’t normally do the cooking came along. I don’t want anymore couch-cooking,” he told us.Donal will cook up delicious, everyday, simple Home Cooked meals live on stage, with lots of fun, loads of food and lashings of audience participation.He said: “These are recipes that everyone can make and the aromas around the theatre will be unbelievable.” There will be lots of cooking tips and he will be answering all your questions.He told Donegal Daily that he’s looking forward to coming to the North West as he loves the area.“In my boyband days I was living in Strabane and would have been in Letterkenny so I’m fairly familiar with it. I’m really looking forward to the tour and meeting everyone,” said the Kitchen Hero star.Donal is currently filming a mini series for the Food Network in Vietnam.After the show there will be a chance to meet Donal who’ll be signing books, fielding questions and taking the “odd selfie or two”. Donal, presenter of BBC’s Junior Masterchef, brings his Kitchen Hero Two – The Home Cooked Tour to An Grianán on Sunday November 16.Now Win TicketsTo celebrate the upcoming tour Donal has a family ticket in the location of your choice to giveaway. Details:http://www.donalskehan.com/2014/10/kitchen-hero-tickets-up-for-grabs/Entries close next Tuesday, October 21. KITCHEN HERO DONAL COOKING UP A STORM IN DONEGAL was last modified: October 15th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:An grianancookingDonal SkehanKitchen HeroletterkennyWin Tickets
Fischer’s race is set to start at 9:08 p.m. and will be broadcast on ESPN. Earning All-America honors this season would cap one of the best seasons in Drake history. He is a four-time MVC Champion this season claiming MVC titles in cross country, sweeping the 3,000 and 5,000 meters during the indoor season and most recently claiming the 10,000-meter title. He is a three-time NCAA qualifier, a three-time all-region selection and a seven-time All-MVC selection. Drake University senior Reed Fischer (Minnetonka, Minn.) aims to put the finishing touches on an stellar season and outstanding career when he races in the 10,000 meters on Wednesday evening at the NCAA Track & Field Championships in Eugene, Ore. Fischer, the reigning Missouri Valley Conference champion in the event owns a season best time of 29:57.37 that ranks as the 21st fastest time in the field this season. Last season, he finished 17th in the event to narrowly miss earning All-America honors. Fischer has set school records this season in the indoor 3,000 and 5,000 meters as well as the outdoor 5,000 meters. His record setting performance in setting the outdoor 5,000 meters came at the Drake Relays to shatter the 39-year-old record and run the fastest 5,000 meters the Relays since 1988. He also owns the second fastest 10,000-meter time in program history. Academically, Fischer was the MVC Cross Country Elite 18 Award winner and a CoSIDA Academic All-District honoree while garnering multiple USTFCCCA All-Academic accolades. An English/public relations major with a 3.81 grade point average, Fischer has been nominated for the Oreon E. Scott Award, given to the top senior at Drake University. He has collected a total of six MVC Scholar-Athlete Team selections and been named the MVC Scholar-Athlete of the Week 10 times in his career. Print Friendly Version
Have you just received your Leaving Certificate results and need advice on your future? Are you currently unemployed and looking to boost your employment prospects? Have you recently graduated and need information on postgraduate programmes that will enhance your career path?Then if so, you need to attend Letterkenny Institute of Technology Information Day. This event takes place from 11am to 4pm on Wednesday 21 August, at both the Letterkenny and Killybegs campuses, and staff from LYIT will be on hand to answer your queries and give advice. Whether it’s advice on CAO and ‘Available Places’ at LYIT, or information on postgraduate, part-time or Springboard programmes, LYIT’s experienced and friendly staff will be available to answer your enquiries at this event.LYIT offers an extensive range of programmes and a fantastic student experience. In addition to advice on programmes, LYIT staff will be available to give information on grants, accommodation, and student support services at the Institute. Accommodation costs in Letterkenny are considerably lower than the major cities such as Galway and Dublin, which has contributed to the rise in the numbers of students from outside Donegal choosing LYIT. In 2016, LYIT introduced the ‘Enabling Maths’ course, in conjunction with Donegal Education Training Board, a course designed to give a ‘second chance’ to students who have failed Leaving Certificate maths. Staff from ‘The Curve’ at LYIT will be available to answer queries from students who may have failed Leaving Certificate Maths at this event. For further information on LYIT Information Day visit www.lyit.ie or contact LYIT on (074) 9186000.Boost your future in 2019, choose @LYIT! LYIT Information Day: The place to be if you need advice on your future was last modified: August 20th, 2019 by Staff WriterShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:CAOcareersinformation dayLeaving certLetterkenny Institute of TechnologyLYITthird level education