Photo: D. Myles Cullen / White HouseWASHINGTON – President Donald Trump announced Friday that his administration is issuing guidance deeming places of worship “essential” operations during the coronavirus pandemic, threatening to “override” governors if their states did not follow the new federal recommendations. “Some governors have deemed liquor stores and abortion clinics essential, but have left our churches and houses of worship. It’s not right. So I’m correcting this injustice and calling houses of worship essential,” Trump said during his announcement at the White House.The President said that at his direction, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will provide the guidance.Trump said he was calling upon governors to “allow churches and places of worship to open right now.” “If there’s any question, they’re going to have to call me, but they’re not going to be successful in that call,” Trump added.“The governors need to do the right thing and allow these very important essential places of faith to open right now, this weekend. If they don’t do it, I will override the governors,” he continued. Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
According to the eVisitor system, which includes tourist traffic generated in commercial and non-commercial facilities and nautical charter (eCrew system), 2,1 million arrivals (+7 percent) and 12 million overnight stays (+4 percent) were realized in Croatia in September. while from January to September, there were 17 million arrivals (+13 percent) and 97,2 million overnight stays (+12 percent).These are excellent results which certainly confirm that this will be the year in which Croatian tourism will realize 100 million overnight stays for the first time in history. “The data so far for this already record tourist year are the result of well-done preparation, well-thought-out marketing activities, an increasing number of quality tourist offers and joint cooperation of all stakeholders in the tourist system. I believe that the positive trends will continue until the end of the year and that we will once again confirm that Croatia today is one of the most popular tourist destinations that attracts more and more guests during all parts of the year. Our future success is based on continuous quality improvement and sustainable development. Each destination is part of the overall tourist story of Croatia and that is why it is extremely important to plan and think long-term at all levels so that tourism in the future can continue to develop and stimulate the economic development of entire communities.”Minister Cappelli pointed out.Director Staničić, on the other hand, emphasized the excellent results achieved in traditionally strong markets. “Germany is the country from which we are traditionally visited by the most tourists. However, this is a very large market from which we still have great potential, so we are extremely pleased with the results achieved so far, because for the first time in history we made 2.6 million arrivals from the German market. This result represents an increase of 16 percent for the first nine months, and we expect the continuation of positive trends for future periods. We are also recording excellent results in other markets, so who already has as many as six markets from which we have achieved more than 5 million overnight stays, and apart from Germany, these are Slovenia, Austria, Poland, the Czech Republic and Italy.”, Concluded director Staničić, adding that a significant share in the good results have domestic tourists who during the first nine months realized more than 11 million overnight stays.Photo: MaistraSeptember maintained positive trendsOf the total number of arrivals and overnight stays in September, foreign tourists realized 1,9 million arrivals (+8 percent) and 10,7 million overnight stays (+4 percent), and increases were also recorded by domestic tourists, which increased by 13 percent in overnight stays. Thus, in September, the highest number of overnight stays was realized in Istria (3,4 million overnight stays), Split-Dalmatia County (2,4 million overnight stays) and Kvarner (2 million overnight stays). They are followed by Zadar County with 1,4 million overnight stays, Dubrovnik-Neretva County with 1,2 million overnight stays, Šibenik-Knin County with 840 thousand overnight stays, Lika-Senj County with 269 thousand overnight stays and Zagreb with 242 thousand overnight stays. In September, not counting the city of Zagreb, a total of 198 thousand overnight stays were realized on the continent (an increase of 6 percent), and the highest number of overnight stays was realized in Karlovac (60 thousand overnight stays), Krapina-Zagorje (28 thousand overnight stays) and Osijek-Baranja County. 21 thousand overnight stays).During September, most overnight stays were realized by tourists from Germany (3,3 million overnight stays), Austria (1,1 million overnight stays), Slovenia (845 thousand overnight stays), the United Kingdom (733 thousand overnight stays) and Poland (700 thousand overnight stays). Out of the total number of overnight stays, most of them were realized in hotels (3,5 million overnight stays), household facilities (3,3 million overnight stays) and camps (2,2 million overnight stays), while in September the nautical charter realized 620 thousand overnight stays. +10 percent).Up to 100 million overnight stays by the end of the yearLooking at the period from January to September, foreign tourists made 15,3 million arrivals (+14 percent) and 86,2 million overnight stays (+12 percent), while domestic tourists also recorded increases with an increase of 8 percent in arrivals and 13 percent in overnight stays. In the period from January to September, most overnight stays were realized in Istria (26,7 million overnight stays), Split-Dalmatia County (18,3 million overnight stays) and Kvarner (17,9 million overnight stays). They are followed by Zadar County with 13,1 million overnight stays, Dubrovnik-Neretva County with 7,8 million overnight stays, Šibenik-Knin County with 7 million overnight stays, Lika-Senj County with 3,1 million overnight stays and Zagreb with 1,7 million overnight stays. 1,6 million overnight stays were realized on the continent (+16 percent), and the highest number of overnight stays was realized in Karlovac County (532 thousand overnight stays), Krapina-Zagorje County (249 thousand overnight stays) and Osijek-Baranja County (139 thousand overnight stays).During the first nine months, most overnight stays were realized by tourists from Germany (19,9 million overnight stays), Slovenia (9,8 million overnight stays), Austria (7,3 million overnight stays), Poland (6,3 million overnight stays) and the Czech Republic (5,4, 34,2 million overnight stays), and the top destinations per night are Dubrovnik, Rovinj, Poreč, Medulin and Umag. Out of the total number of overnight stays, most of them were realized in household facilities (22,2 million overnight stays), hotels (18,5 million overnight stays) and camps (3 million overnight stays), while in the first nine months 15 million were realized in nautical charter. overnight stays (+XNUMX percent).
The Madrid youngster impressed against a strong Chelsea side (Picture: Getty)According to AS, Arteta – who was still with Manchester City at the time – kept a close eye on Gelabert’s performances as the youngster impressed against Chelsea before scoring against Tottenham.AdvertisementAdvertisementThe report suggests the Gunners are ‘in the hunt’ for Gelabert’s signature along with Borussia Dortmund and Lyon. It’s claimed Lyon have already made an offer for Gelabert which was swiftly turned down as Madrid view the Spaniard as a player capable of breaking into the first-team in the near future. Arsenal plotting transfer move for Cesar Gelabert after Real Madrid midfielder impressed Mikel Arteta Arsenal are scouring the market for Ceballos’ replacement (Picture: Getty)Earlier this week, the Madrid loanee admitted he was unsure about how the coronavirus crisis will impact his future.‘I finish my contract on June 30. I would have to play for Arsenal, I don’t know how [it would work],’ Ceballos told El Chiringuito.‘My future would be irresponsible for me to speak about. ‘The most important thing will be to be important for my new team.‘I came to Arsenal to be important and in less than a month it has disappeared.’Follow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For more stories like this, check our sport page.MORE: Arsenal star Kieran Tierney makes Celtic admission and picks out his favourite memory of beating RangersMORE: Arsenal transfer boost as Jonathan David talks up Premier League move Arsenal are ‘in the hunt’ for Real Madrid wonderkid Cesar Gelabert (Picture: Getty)Arsenal are lining up a move for Real Madrid starlet Cesar Gelabert in the summer transfer window, according to reports in Spain. Gelabert is regarded as one of the most promising talents in Madrid’s academy and clubs from around Europe have been keeping close tabs on the 19-year-old attacking midfielder in recent months. The teenager is yet to make an appearance in Zinedine Zidane’s first-team but his outstanding displays in Madrid’s UEFA Youth League campaign made a real impression on Arsenal head coach Arteta. Read the latest updates: Coronavirus news liveADVERTISEMENT Advertisement Advertisement Comment Gelabert scored against Spurs in Madrid’s UEFA Youth League campaign (Picture: Getty)Arteta is keen to bolster his options in midfield this summer, with Dani Ceballos set to return to the Bernabeu when his loan deal expires.Espanyol and Valencia midfielders Marc Roca and Carlos Soler are also firmly on Arsenal’s radar as potential replacements for Ceballos. Metro Sport ReporterSaturday 4 Apr 2020 12:33 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link3.6kShares