All 10 Formula One teams sign new Concorde Agreement

first_imgTopics : “This year has been unprecedented for the world and we are proud that Formula One has come together in recent months to return to racing in a safe way,” Formula One Chairman Chase Carey said.Negotiations over a new Concorde Agreement had been put on hold due to the COVID-19 crisis that hit the teams and sport financially.”We said earlier in the year that due to the fluid nature of the pandemic, the Concorde Agreement would take additional time to agree and we are pleased that by August we have been able achieve agreement from all ten teams on the plans for the long term future of our sport,” Carey added.”The new Concorde Agreement, in conjunction with the regulations for 2022, will put in place the foundations to make this a reality and create an environment that is both financially fairer and closes the gaps between teams on the race track.”Formula One’s three oldest and most successful teams — Ferrari, McLaren and Williams — were the first to sign with rights holders Liberty Media and the FIA on Tuesday, with the seven other teams following suit on Wednesday.”Over its 70 year history, Formula One has developed at a remarkable rate, pushing the boundaries of safety, technology… to the absolute limit and today confirms that an exciting new chapter in that history is about to begin,” FIA President Jean Todt said.  Formula One’s 10 teams have committed to the sport until at least the end of 2025 by putting their signatures to a new commercial ‘Concorde Agreement’.The current agreement, which sets out the terms under which teams race and the share of revenues, is set to expire at the end of 2020.Formula One and the governing FIA on Wednesday said in a joint statement the agreement will secure the long-term sustainable future for the sport and reduce the financial and on track disparities between the teams.last_img read more

Trump Organization Cancels Anti-Muslim Group’s Upcoming Mar-a-Lago Event

first_imgThe Trump Organization on announced Sunday that it has canceled a November fundraiser at Mar-a-Lago for ACT for America, an anti-Muslim extremist group that has more than one million members.Amanda Miller, a spokesperson for the Trump Organization, says, “This group absolutely will not be hosting their event at Mar-a-Lago.”She did not immediately provide any additional details, such as who at Mar-a-Lago had approved the November 7 event.News broke earlier during the weekend that ACT was planning to host its annual fundraiser at President Trump’s private club. The group is known as the largest anti-Muslim organization in the United States.This is a developing story.last_img

Women’s Football Deserves More, Says Akide-Udoh

first_imgNigeria legend Mercy Akide-Udoh says women’s football worldwide, and especially on the African continent deserves greater attention and investment.Akide-Udoh was one of the legends of the game, and the only former African woman player, invited by FIFA to attend the General Assembly in Mexico in order to help chart a new course for football, and the Nigeria super star said women have been given short shrift for too long“Girls train as hard as the men, play as hard as the men but women footballers are treated like second class citizens, especially in Africa. That needs to change,” Akide-Udoh said.“The girls must be treated with respect, they must be paid as well as the men, and they must have proper domestic competitions to play in.“It is very important for sponsors to invest in women’s football as many of these girls are also breadwinners for their families.“To do that, we need to sit down, talk about what is wrong with the game and find workable ways to make things better.”She praised FIFA President Gianni Infantino for his initiatives in reshaping football“It was a good experience intact ingenuity him. He has some bright ideas to move football forward and I believe that with everyone’s support, he will make things better.”Mia Hamm and Luis Figo were appointed as the player representatives in the FIFA Council, and Akide-Udoh said they would be great representatives“Mia and Luis have the full support of all of us as our representatives on the FIFA Council and I have no doubt in my mind that they will do a fantastic job.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more