BBC seeks Northern Ireland’s best bakery

first_imgThe BBC is searching for Northern Ireland’s best bakery for its Good Food Show, part of Bread and Baking, which is part of the Northern Ireland Year of Food and Drink.The winner will receive a free stand at the BBC Good Food Show at Belfast Waterfront (14–16 October) to showcase their produce and the opportunity to meet local celebrity chef Paul Rankin.Publishing director at BBC Worldwide Chris Kerwin said: “With a strong emphasis on local produce, local talent and the Belfast Waterfront as its backdrop, the BBC Good Food Show Northern Ireland is set to be an unmissable event for any foodie’s diary.”Bakeries should record a short video, maximum two minutes long, capturing “a day in the life of the bakery” and highlighting the stages of a typical baking day.It should then be uploaded to social media, using @BBCGoodFoodShow, @NITouristBoard and the hashtag #GFSNIBakery.Deadline for all entries is 5 September.last_img read more

Widespread Panic, Trey Anastasio Band, Ween, & moe. Captivate SweetWater 420 Festival [Audio/Photos]

first_imgEdit this setlist | More Widespread Panic setlists Edit this setlist | More Trey Anastasio Band setlists Edit this setlist | More Ween setlistsPhotographer Christian Stewart was also on site, capturing the moments all weekend long. Check out his full gallery below. SweetWater 420 Festival dove head first into the jam scene this year, and we couldn’t be happier. At the Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta, GA, heavyweights Widespread Panic, Trey Anastasio Band, Ween (with a set-opening “Roses Are Free” !!!), and moe. had the festival carry the torch for spring’s first jam-packed weekend. Performances from Trombone Shorty, Lettuce, Twiddle, Dopapod, Jackie Greene, Talib Kweli, Break Science, SunSquabi, The Werks, BIG Something, and People’s Blues of Richmond only heightened the experience.Thanks to taper Matt Moricle, you can enjoy festival set audio from moe. and Dopapod. Load remaining imageslast_img read more

Will Long Island See Snow Friday?

first_imgForecasters said snow is likely to begin falling late Thursday and continue through Friday’s rush hour.Along with some snowflakes, Long Islanders should prepare for freezing temperatures.On Thursday, temperatures are expected to top out at 35, with wind chills between 15 and 25 throughout the day and night.Long Islanders awoke to brisk air Thursday morning, with the wind chill coming in at 17 in Farmingdale and 18 in Westhampton. Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York It’s going to start to feel a lot more like winter on Long Island with temperatures dipping below freezing and snow impacting the Friday morning rush hour. The Island, which has been unburdened by serious snowfall so far this winter, could receive between 1-4 inches. In preparation for the storm, the weather service on Thursday issued a winter weather advisory for Nassau and Suffolk counties ending Friday at 10 a.m. In its statement, the weather service said inclement weather could lead to hazardous travel on local roadways. The advisory means “periods of snow…sleet…or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties,” the weather service said. “Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities…and use caution while driving.” There’s currently an 90-percent and 40-percent chance of precipitation Thursday and Friday, respectively. Forecasters said there’s a 50-percent chance of light snow Saturday. Sunday is expected to be mostly sunny with below-freezing temperatures.last_img read more

AP4’s Ekvall calls for AP funds to have direct investment tools

first_imgThe chief executive of Sweden’s AP4 has called on the country’s legislators to give the funds the direct investment tools they need to make use of proposed new investment freedoms.Niklas Ekvall said in the fund’s newly-published annual report: “We are to be given the opportunity but not the tools, which we find hard to believe is the intention.”He referred to the proposed change in the investment rules for Sweden’s five AP funds, which invest capital to support the country’s first pillar pension schemes. The rules are currently going through the legislative process.Ekvall praised the proposal for allowing more flexibility in terms of allocation between different types of investment, with the key elements being a reduced requirement to hold liquid and high-quality interest-bearing securities and increased scope to invest in illiquid assets. “It is important, however, that this modernisation at the allocation level is followed by the corresponding level of modernisation of investment and instrument types in order not to significantly limit the more flexible allocation mandate, and impose unnecessarily expensive management,” Ekvall said. Niklas Ekvall, chief executive, AP4It was particularly important that the AP funds had the opportunity to make long-term and cost-effective direct investments such as joint ventures in unlisted companies, as well as investments in infrastructure, unlisted loans, and long-term sustainable assets.Ekvall made similar comments in the pension fund’s consultation response last autumn.The reform – part of a broader pensions overhaul in Sweden – is scheduled to take effect this summer.In financial results, AP4 reported it made a 9.1% net return on investment in 2017, on the back of “generally favourable performance for the global equity markets”.This return matches the return posted by AP2 earlier this month.AP4 said it would continue developing sustainable investments in its focus areas of climate, environment, and corporate governance.“Our low-carbon strategies increased to almost 31% of the global equity portfolio during 2017,” Ekvall said. This compared to 24% of the portfolio a year earlier.He said AP4 intended to increase these investments further and also widen the scope of sustainable investments.“We are doing this to lower the risk in the portfolio and create conditions for better returns,” he said.AP4’s total assets increased to SEK356.6bn (€35.6bn) at the end of 2017, from SEK333.9bn a year earlier.last_img read more

Barcelona’s Ter Stegen set for new deal as club eyes transfers – reports

first_img Promoted ContentYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical7 Theories About The Death Of Our Universe6 Major TV Characters We Were Relieved To See Leaving The ShowBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemSome Impressive And Almost Shocking Robots That Exist8 Weird Facts About Coffee That Will Surprise You11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopThe Biggest Cities In The World So Far7 Truly Incredible Facts About Black Holes7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The World10 Characters That Should Be Official Disney Princesses Sources have told ESPN that president Josep Maria Bartomeu, whose mandate runs until 2021, wants to ensure that both Lionel Messi and Ter Stegen have signed new deals by the time he leaves his role.Messi’s terms run until 2021 but he could leave the club for free in the summer if he chooses to. However, he recently said that he is happy at Barca, where he has spent his whole career, while the club are optimistic of agreeing a new contract with him soon.Ter Stegen, meanwhile, has two years to run on his deal, which expires in 2022, but his role at the club has greatly changed since he signed his last renewal in 2017. After Messi, many people now feel the goalkeeper is the most important player in Quique Setien’s team.The Germany international is happy at the club but Barca will have to show him how much they value him to ensure that remains the case.Pep Guardiola desperately tried to take him to Manchester City in 2016 before eventually signing Claudio Bravo instead, with Barca backing Ter Stegen over the Chilean, who had been their No. 1 in La Liga for the previous two seasons. Sources have told ESPN that, more recently, Juventus have shown an interest.Reports earlier this week even suggested that Ter Stegen could leave at the end of the season but sources close to the player insist that is not the case.Messi and Sergio Busquets are among those to have criticised the club in recent weeks as the rift between the players and the board widens and Ter Stegen also feels there are areas where things can be improved. However, his preference is to stay at Camp Nou. Barca are finalising their plans for the summer, when they will invest heavily in the squad, with Neymar and Lautaro Martinez among their top targets, before turning their attention to renewing some of the team’s key players. Barcelona will offer Marc-Andre ter Stegen an improved contract before the end of the year to reflect his growing importance at the club, multiple sources have told ESPN.Advertisementcenter_img Read Also: Salah: Best option to replace Messi at Barcelona – McManamanIn a 2018 interview with ESPN, Ter Stegen said that he feels “more and more Catalan” all the time and he has recently moved into a new house in Castelldefels, which he helped design. He also became a father for the first time in January, with the baby born in Barcelona.He has also just signed a sponsorship deal with the Catalan car manufacturer Cupra, which sources explain is another sign of his commitment to the region which he’s called his home since signing from Borussia Monchengladbach in 2014.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… last_img read more

Columbus man arrested on theft charges

first_imgGREENSBURG, Ind. — A Columbus man is facing multiple theft related charges after police say he stole multiple power tools from a Greensburg shop owned by relatives.The Decatur County Sheriff’s Department says Denver C Hamilton, 21, was arrested on Sunday following an investigation that led to a warrant.According to police Hamilton entered a building on his relatives’ property without permission, and took saw, a belt sander, and other power tools.Hamilton is facing 2 felony counts of burglary, and a felony count of theft.last_img

Pogba contract extension talks to begin after UEL campaign

first_img Promoted ContentThe World’s 7 Most Spectacular Railway Stations7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better20 Photos Of Kendall Jenner That Force You Love Her Even More8 Addictive And Fun Coffee Facts11 Greatest Special Effects Movies Of All Time10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The World2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The World “Pogba is happy at United and he’s expecting them to open contract talks once their Europa League campaign is over. “His current deal runs out next summer but United always insert this year option so they don’t get caught out with free transfers. Read Also: UCL: Choupo-Moting seals PSG comeback against Atalanta“It should be said United are in a better position to negotiate with Pogba and the returning Dean Henderson, as it stands from Sheffield United, following the departure of Alexis Sanchez and all of the money his wages have now freed.“There appears to be a willingness from all parties to get around the table as far as Pogba is concerned.”FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Paul Pogba will not be leaving Manchester United this summer as the 27-year-old midfielder now appears ready to commit to the Red Devils for the foreseeable future. According to a report from Sky Sports, not only is Pogba happy at Man United these days, but he also expects negotiations over a new contract to begin after the club’s Europa League run ends. United are set to face Sevilla in the quarterfinals on Sunday, with the final looming large next Friday, Aug. 21.Advertisementlast_img read more

WWE Wrestling WWE SummerSlam: Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns as it happened

first_imgNew Delhi: World Wrestling Entertainment’s (WWE) summer extravaganza SummerSlam was full of surprises for the fans. In the main event of WWE SummerSlam, Roman Reigns was up against the beast incarnate Brock Lesnar for the WWE Universal Championship and the match lived up to its hype.After both Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar entered the ring, Paul Heyman took over the microphone and in his usual rampant style started announcing, “Defending, defending, defending, defending, defending…” and suddenly a music interrupted the announcement. What happens next? A giant of an athlete comes walking in his own brute style, and that athlete was none other than Money in the Bank holder Braun Strowman.There was a huge pop after Braun entered by saying that everyone knows the history of the briefcase and will never cash it while his opponents are down on their back and he will only cash it while standing face to face with his opponents.ALSO READ: WWE SummerSlam 2018 Results: Final Results, HighlightsBraun dropped the mic and got out of the ring while Lesnar stared straight at him. The bell rang and Roman Reigns quickly thumped Lesnar with a couple of Superman Punches and followed by a brutal Spear.However, when Reigns tried to make things dirtier, Lesnar grabbed him with the guillotine choke with Braun looking straight at him from the ringside. Reigns counters it and both go down.ALSO READ: Benjamin Mendy’s special tweet for David Silva’s son MateoLesnar got up and ripped his gloves off. But, Reigns tried to hit another Superman punch only for Lesnar to counter it with his iconic German suplex. Reigns countered the F5 and tried to hit a spear, but Lesnar side-stepped and Reigns went straight crashing into Braun Strowman.Brock then stepped outside of the ring and hit Reigns with an F5 and followed up by thrashing Brown with the Money in the Bank briefcase before hitting him an F5. But as Lesnar returned to the ring, Reigns nailed a Spear out of nowhere and pinned him for the title.THE BIG DOG is ON TOP of the mountain! @WWERomanReigns is #UniversalChampion!#SummerSlam #RomanReigns pic.twitter.com/eoCWP7XT6U— WWE SummerSlam (@SummerSlam) August 20, 2018 For all the Latest Sports News News, WWE Wrestling News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.last_img read more

SCA opens new Dennis Hopper exhibit

first_imgThe recently acquired Dennis Hopper exhibit, “Part of Being an Artist: The Dennis Hopper Collection, Selected Artwork and Ephemera”, opened at the School of Cinematic Arts on Tuesday. The exhibit is currently open exclusively to USC students, faculty and staff, but will be open to the public Oct. 10 through Nov. 26.The exhibit contains photographs, scripts and other memorabilia commemorating Hopper’s work as an actor, director and photographer. The main features of the exhibit are two large photographs of Andy Warhol and his work from Hopper’s collection, “The Lost Album”. Also on display is the Louisville Slugger baseball bat that was made personally for Hopper.The photographs on display were taken between 1961 and 1967 during Hopper’s most prolific period. Steve Hanson, head librarian of the Cinematic Arts Library, is a co-curator of the exhibit. Hanson said the Hopper exhibit has “a touch of everything.”“He took photos of everything. That was his thing,” he said.Hopper’s life is documented through his work in both the film and music industries. According to Hanson, Hopper’s career as a director began based on the advice of James Dean. Dean, Paul Newman and John Wayne were all friends of Hopper and can be seen in some of the photographs on display.“The circle of friends he had was amazing, from all walks of life,” Hanson said.The Hopper exhibit was acquired by USC from the Hopper Art Trust, which distributes the artist’s work throughout the world. Initially, the collection started with various movie scripts, VHS tapes and books. It has grown to its current size with the help of Hopper’s daughter, Marin, and Steve Hanson’s co-curators, Taylor Livingston and Sandra Garcia-Meyers.“It’s sort of like a family thing. Anything that someone donates to us, we work with,” Hanson said.Pieces of Hopper’s collections have previously been on display in the Gagosian Gallery in New York and the Museo Picasso in Málaga, Spain. This is the first time a Hopper collection has been on display in Los Angeles since 2010.SCA is working in collaboration with Visions and Voices to honor Dennis Hopper. Easy Rider, a film Hopper both directed and acted in, will be screened on Sept. 12 at 7 p.m. by Visions and Voices, which will also be showing another Hopper film, The Last Movie, on Nov. 14. After the screenings, panel discussions with some of Hopper’s colleagues will be held.In March 2010, Dennis Hopper was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He passed away two months later in Venice, California, after a 55-year career in the film industry.last_img read more

Quisenberry leads Youngstown St. past UIC 70-64

first_img LIVE TV COMMENT Written By SUBSCRIBE TO US First Published: 31st December, 2019 12:11 IST Associated Press Television News center_img Darius Quisenberry had 20 points as Youngstown State beat Illinois-Chicago 70-64 on Monday night.Naz Bohannon had 12 points and 12 rebounds for Youngstown State (9-6, 2-0 Horizon League). Michael Akuchie added 10 points. Donel Cathcart III had six rebounds for the visiting team.Godwin Boahen had 15 points for the Flames (6-9, 1-1). Braelen Bridges added 10 points and three blocks. Tarkus Ferguson had six rebounds.Youngstown State matches up against Cleveland St. on the road on Saturday. Illinois-Chicago plays Green Bay on the road on Friday. Last Updated: 31st December, 2019 12:11 IST Quisenberry Leads Youngstown St. Past UIC 70-64 Darius Quisenberry had 20 points as Youngstown State beat Illinois-Chicago 70-64 on Monday night. WATCH US LIVE FOLLOW USlast_img read more